Baby Kennedy

Baby Kennedy

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Diagnosis - Tethered Spinal Cord

MRI was 3/17/11. Monday, 4/18/11, we go in for surgery.

Kennedy was diagnosed with a Tethered Spinal Cord. She will be undergoing surgery at Duke Childrens Hospital in one week. Her pediatric neurosurgeon is Dr. Herbert Fuchs. We are expecting a 3 hour surgery and a 6-7 day stay in the hospital following surgery during which most of the time, she will be laying flat.

Today, I am trying to learn how to blog. I will update on the diagnosis, what led us to it, and what Kennedy's future holds in our eyes as I learn how this works.

In the meantime, thank you for the prayers and well wishes. Although they may seem small and insignificant to you, they lift us up in ways that words cannot describe. So, thank you.

Much love,
Nick, Martha & Kennedy

P.S. The MRI image in the background of this site, is actually Kennedy's MRI. It's a great image showing exactly what is going on. I'll post a detailed MRI later where I labeled everything which may help you to understand what I've described to you. It definitely helped me to understand the situation better.

No comments:

Post a Comment